Sunday, July 18, 2010

What a time....what a time I am having!!!

Well ladies and gentlemen, I got the gig to do hair for the feature film. I am very excited about the whole thing and just trying to learn as much as I can. I have learned such a great deal in week of shooting that it just so amazing.
Everything first of all is happening at such a fast past you can easily miss something if you are not detailed. You start really early in the morning (which is not new) then you hurry and get everyone ready, then shooting begins. The days are very long and most times you are sitting not doing anything but it is so rewarding especially when you are working with people are the creme de la creme in their professions.
But even though you are dealing with professionals, there are lots of moments of fun and hilarious stories as well. I will share one with you now and tell you guys the rest later heehee.
We were sitting by the sound guy when one of the actor's friends was sitting around watching the whole process. The actor is a well known rapper and this girl was obviously new to being on set. No problem. Everyone including myself, is not familiar with all aspects of being on set and its process.
She was sitting on the side of the sound guy when she taps him on the shoulder and asked, " excuse me...is this the
audio-ology section?" He looked around with this confused look like "did I just hear what I thought I heard? Then after collecting his thoughts, looked at her said, " no this is the sound area...which hood are you from?"
I swear we couldn't contain the laughter from that point on and for the rest of the day, that was one of the running jokes.
Will keep you posted. heehee

No comments:

Post a Comment